We are working towards our Online Safety Mark.
When using technology in school, we follow these simple rules to ensure we stay safe!
- Always ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet or other electronic devices.
- Only go on the internet when a member of staff is in the room.
- Only use your own private login and password.
- Keep your password secret and do not share it with anyone else.
- Do not access anybody else’s files or work on the computer.
- Do not download any programmes onto the computer.
- Do not change any of the settings on the computer, including the screen-savers.
- Only use the internet or devices in school for school work or homework.
- If you have e-homework and need to bring a memory stick into school you must give it to a member of staff or ask permission before using it.
- Only email people your teacher has approved and be polite and sensible. Remember to treat others as you would like them to treat you.
- Do not use internet chat rooms in school.
- When using the internet, never give out your home address, telephone number or personal details.
- Do not arrange to meet anyone contacted electronically under any circumstances -remember Stranger Danger!
- Tell the teacher if you see anything that you are unhappy with or if something pops up that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- If you see someone accessing inappropriate websites or misusing the computer tell an adult or teacher immediately.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in school but if you have a mobile phone at home and receive an unkind message or a message from someone you do not know – do not delete it but screenshot it, and show an adult immediately. Do not reply to it.
- Do not upload photographs or videos without permission. Once something is on the internet it is available to the public and is there to stay!
To support your child using technology safely, more information is available at: